What if Princess Diana hadn’t died in a Paris car crash 13 years ago? What if she had faked her death, popped in brown contact lenses, and moved to the Land of Self-Reinvention, a.k.a. the USA? How would she, you know, feel? (Oh, how Diana misses her children! Oh, how her desperation to be loved has, time and again, turned her into a ninny!) In Untold Story, noted British writer Monica Ali (Brick Lane) entertains the fantasy — a fashionable pop cultural conceit after the success of Curtis Sittenfeld?s superior American Wife — with an empathetic energy that puts a literary gloss on a beachread subject. B
Untold StoryWhat if Princess Diana hadn't died in a Paris car crash 13 years ago? What if she had faked her death, popped in brown contact lenses, and moved to the...Untold StoryFictionMonica AliWhat if Princess Diana hadn't died in a Paris car crash 13 years ago? What if she had faked her death, popped in brown contact lenses, and moved to the...2011-06-16Scribner
THE PRINCESS'S DIARY Ali's book imagines Diana if she were still alive today
Genre: Fiction; Author: Monica Ali; Publisher: Scribner
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More