What if Princess Diana hadn’t died in a Paris car crash 13 years ago? What if she had faked her death, popped in brown contact lenses, and moved to the Land of Self-Reinvention, a.k.a. the USA? How would she, you know, feel? (Oh, how Diana misses her children! Oh, how her desperation to be loved has, time and again, turned her into a ninny!) In Untold Story, noted British writer Monica Ali (Brick Lane) entertains the fantasy — a fashionable pop cultural conceit after the success of Curtis Sittenfeld?s superior American Wife — with an empathetic energy that puts a literary gloss on a beachread subject. B
Untold StoryWhat if Princess Diana hadn't died in a Paris car crash 13 years ago? What if she had faked her death, popped in brown contact lenses, and moved to the...Untold StoryFictionMonica AliWhat if Princess Diana hadn't died in a Paris car crash 13 years ago? What if she had faked her death, popped in brown contact lenses, and moved to the...2011-06-16Scribner
THE PRINCESS'S DIARY Ali's book imagines Diana if she were still alive today
Genre: Fiction; Author: Monica Ali; Publisher: Scribner
Posted June 16 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!