Susan Boyle’s amazing journey from obscurity to overnight singing sensation will be the subject of a new musical, titled I Dreamed a Dream, according to Reuters. Scottish actress Elaine Smith will portray Boyle in a touring show scheduled to premiere in Newcastle, England on March 23, 2012. “I never thought my life story would end up on the stage, but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect,” Boyle said in a statement. “I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way.”
Posted June 17 2011 — 9:50 AM EDT
- 'Walking Dead' actor would love to play Spider-Man
- Hulk Hogan talks possible villain role in 'Expendables 4'
- Charter/Time Warner deal will affect 1 in 6 households
- Documentary to explore George Miller's attempted 'Justice League' movie
- 'Grace of Monaco' screenwriter live tweets Lifetime premiere
- A$AP Rocky dropped his new album at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!