Susan Boyle’s amazing journey from obscurity to overnight singing sensation will be the subject of a new musical, titled I Dreamed a Dream, according to Reuters. Scottish actress Elaine Smith will portray Boyle in a touring show scheduled to premiere in Newcastle, England on March 23, 2012. “I never thought my life story would end up on the stage, but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect,” Boyle said in a statement. “I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way.”
Posted June 17 2011 — 9:50 AM EDT
- Evangeline Lilly reveals pregnancy on the 'Ant-Man' premiere red carpet
- Julia Roberts seeks justice for an unspeakable murder in 'Secret in Their Eyes'
- Here's a supercut of movie characters flipping the bird
- Jewel goes full '90s and covers Backstreet Boys' 'I Want It That Way'
- Robert Redford calls for action on climate change in passionate speech
- Rick Astley just rick rolled us with 'Uptown Funk'
- Emilia Clarke says her 'Game of Thrones' co-star has a haunted house