Susan Boyle’s amazing journey from obscurity to overnight singing sensation will be the subject of a new musical, titled I Dreamed a Dream, according to Reuters. Scottish actress Elaine Smith will portray Boyle in a touring show scheduled to premiere in Newcastle, England on March 23, 2012. “I never thought my life story would end up on the stage, but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect,” Boyle said in a statement. “I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way.”
Posted January 18 2015 — 11:57 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!