The world of competitive Irish dancing gets the documentary treatment from director Sue Bourne, who uncovers the sweat and toil behind all the sparkly outfits and clickety-clack footwork. With a special eye for tweenage ? phenoms, Bourne explores the field’s surprisingly global talent pool: a Sri Lankan-born Dutch teenager, a group of Russian enthusiasts, a California family that moved to the U.K. for their gifted son. They’re all fascinating ? subjects — or would be if Jig didn’t dance around their personal stories in favor of overheated waiting-for-the-scores suspense. B
CLICKETY-CLACK Julia O'Rouke in Jig: The Story of the Irish Dancing World Championships
Genre: Documentary; Director: Sue Bourne; Release Date Limited: 06/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 93
Posted June 21 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, and more pay tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Box office report: 'Straight Outta Compton' wins again
- Ranking Kanye West's top music videos
- Justin Bieber Spider-Man kisses Britney Spears ... sort of
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!