The world of competitive Irish dancing gets the documentary treatment from director Sue Bourne, who uncovers the sweat and toil behind all the sparkly outfits and clickety-clack footwork. With a special eye for tweenage ? phenoms, Bourne explores the field’s surprisingly global talent pool: a Sri Lankan-born Dutch teenager, a group of Russian enthusiasts, a California family that moved to the U.K. for their gifted son. They’re all fascinating ? subjects — or would be if Jig didn’t dance around their personal stories in favor of overheated waiting-for-the-scores suspense. B
CLICKETY-CLACK Julia O'Rouke in Jig: The Story of the Irish Dancing World Championships
Genre: Documentary; Director: Sue Bourne; Release Date Limited: 06/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 93
Posted June 21 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?