The world of competitive Irish dancing gets the documentary treatment from director Sue Bourne, who uncovers the sweat and toil behind all the sparkly outfits and clickety-clack footwork. With a special eye for tweenage ? phenoms, Bourne explores the field’s surprisingly global talent pool: a Sri Lankan-born Dutch teenager, a group of Russian enthusiasts, a California family that moved to the U.K. for their gifted son. They’re all fascinating ? subjects — or would be if Jig didn’t dance around their personal stories in favor of overheated waiting-for-the-scores suspense. B
CLICKETY-CLACK Julia O'Rouke in Jig: The Story of the Irish Dancing World Championships
Genre: Documentary; Director: Sue Bourne; Release Date Limited: 06/17/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 93
Posted June 21 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Don Cheadle meets Ewan McGregor in latest 'Miles Ahead' clip
- 'Downton Abbey' boss: Here’s why you’ll enjoy ‘The Last Kingdom'
- See Bradley Cooper's return to 'Limitless', plus more things we learned at NYCC
- Watch the casts of 'Bring It On', 'Felicity,' 'Family Ties' reminisce in EW's reunion videos
- 'Pretty Little Liars': See the first 4 minutes of season 6B
- Kate Winslet calls Michael Fassbender's 'Steve Jobs' role 'Hamlet x 2'
- See Keegan-Michael Key dress up as Penn State's football coach