Superman himself couldn’t save him this time. EW has confirmed Sam Jones III, the actor best known for playing Clark Kent’s high school friend Pete Ross on Smallville, was sentenced to a year in federal prison on Wednesday for conspiring to sell more than 10,000 pills of the painkiller oxycodone. The actor’s Canoga, Calif. home was raided in 2009 after local police learned of Jones’ possible connection to a prescription drug ring. He was found guilty last December when it was confirmed that Jones was indeed the “Hollywood connection” the police had been searching for, and initially faced up to 20 years behind bars. Jones will also face three years of probation once he has completed his prison sentence.
(Tommaso Boddi/PR Photos)
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!