Superman himself couldn’t save him this time. EW has confirmed Sam Jones III, the actor best known for playing Clark Kent’s high school friend Pete Ross on Smallville, was sentenced to a year in federal prison on Wednesday for conspiring to sell more than 10,000 pills of the painkiller oxycodone. The actor’s Canoga, Calif. home was raided in 2009 after local police learned of Jones’ possible connection to a prescription drug ring. He was found guilty last December when it was confirmed that Jones was indeed the “Hollywood connection” the police had been searching for, and initially faced up to 20 years behind bars. Jones will also face three years of probation once he has completed his prison sentence.
(Tommaso Boddi/PR Photos)
Posted June 22 2011 — 9:08 PM EDT
- New 'Sonic the Hedgehog' 2D game announced for spring 2017
- 'Preacher' cast defends sex scene after fan criticism at Comic-Con
- 'Arrow' star cosplayed as Squirrel Girl, Harley Quinn at Comic-Con
- Stephen Colbert drinks a beer on TV after week of live shows
- 'Injustice 2' trailer pits Wonder Woman against Blue Beetle
- 'Tonight Show': Lilly Singh plays her parents opposite Jimmy Fallon
- Arcade Fire pay tribute to David Bowie at Panorama: 'We love you'