In a five-to-four decision, the US Supreme Court ruled against Anna Nicole Smith’s heirs on Thursday, putting an end to the 15 year battle over her former husband J. Howard Marshall’s estate, reports AFP. The deceased former Playmate’s lawyer and ex-boyfriend, Howard Stern, represented Smith’s daughter Dannielynn in the $88-million claim; a small fraction of the oil baron’s estimated $1.6 billion fortune. The court ruled in favor of Marshall’s heirs, despite a California bankruptcy court’s previous decision in favor of Smith. The troubled bombshell initially said she was promised $300 million, but her daughter will now most likely never see a cent.
Posted June 23 2011 — 5:08 PM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!