In a five-to-four decision, the US Supreme Court ruled against Anna Nicole Smith’s heirs on Thursday, putting an end to the 15 year battle over her former husband J. Howard Marshall’s estate, reports AFP. The deceased former Playmate’s lawyer and ex-boyfriend, Howard Stern, represented Smith’s daughter Dannielynn in the $88-million claim; a small fraction of the oil baron’s estimated $1.6 billion fortune. The court ruled in favor of Marshall’s heirs, despite a California bankruptcy court’s previous decision in favor of Smith. The troubled bombshell initially said she was promised $300 million, but her daughter will now most likely never see a cent.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 2015 Tony Nominations: Watch the nominations live here
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed