In a five-to-four decision, the US Supreme Court ruled against Anna Nicole Smith’s heirs on Thursday, putting an end to the 15 year battle over her former husband J. Howard Marshall’s estate, reports AFP. The deceased former Playmate’s lawyer and ex-boyfriend, Howard Stern, represented Smith’s daughter Dannielynn in the $88-million claim; a small fraction of the oil baron’s estimated $1.6 billion fortune. The court ruled in favor of Marshall’s heirs, despite a California bankruptcy court’s previous decision in favor of Smith. The troubled bombshell initially said she was promised $300 million, but her daughter will now most likely never see a cent.
Posted June 23 2011 — 5:08 PM EDT
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis to guest on 'Billy on the Street'
- 'Walking Dead' actor to guest on Fox's 'Minority Report'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!