In a five-to-four decision, the US Supreme Court ruled against Anna Nicole Smith’s heirs on Thursday, putting an end to the 15 year battle over her former husband J. Howard Marshall’s estate, reports AFP. The deceased former Playmate’s lawyer and ex-boyfriend, Howard Stern, represented Smith’s daughter Dannielynn in the $88-million claim; a small fraction of the oil baron’s estimated $1.6 billion fortune. The court ruled in favor of Marshall’s heirs, despite a California bankruptcy court’s previous decision in favor of Smith. The troubled bombshell initially said she was promised $300 million, but her daughter will now most likely never see a cent.
Posted June 23 2011 — 5:08 PM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday