In a five-to-four decision, the US Supreme Court ruled against Anna Nicole Smith’s heirs on Thursday, putting an end to the 15 year battle over her former husband J. Howard Marshall’s estate, reports AFP. The deceased former Playmate’s lawyer and ex-boyfriend, Howard Stern, represented Smith’s daughter Dannielynn in the $88-million claim; a small fraction of the oil baron’s estimated $1.6 billion fortune. The court ruled in favor of Marshall’s heirs, despite a California bankruptcy court’s previous decision in favor of Smith. The troubled bombshell initially said she was promised $300 million, but her daughter will now most likely never see a cent.
Posted June 23 2011 — 5:08 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt