The title boy (newcomer Jacob Wysocki) is a piquant variation on that reliable indie character, the teen misfit: Terri is a big, fat, suffering, lethargic loner. John C. Reilly plays the high school assistant principal who adopts Terri (and other outcasts like him) as a kind of afterschool project. The movie (directed by Momma’s Man’s Azazel Jacobs) builds to riveting, contained drama involving Terri and two fellow pariahs. But the slow, shambling road to the emotional payoff is dubiously, arbitrarily quirk-filled. (That said, the obese antihero is sure to find ardent younger fans.) B
AFTER-SCHOOL PROJECT Bridger Zadina, Jacob Wysocki, and John C. Reilly in Terri (Alexandra Weiss)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: John C. Reilly, Jacob Wysocki; Director: Azazel Jacobs; Author: Azazel Jacobs, Patrick Dewitt; Release Date Limited: 07/01/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 87; Distributor: ATO Pictures
Posted June 27 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- 'DWTS' is bringing back Maksim Chmerkovskiy: source
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...