Jeff Probst’s new talk show isn’t the only piece of host news today. Open Road Films announced that Andrew Niccol’s adaptation of The Host – Stephenie Meyer’s 2008 sci-fi novel – will be at your local cineplex on March 29, 2013. The film stars Saoirse Ronan as a twentysomething whose body is taken over by the soul of an alien. It will begin shooting in Louisiana and New Mexico in February. Will the film be infected by the same fever that surrounded the adaptation of Meyer’s other hit novel, Twilight?
Posted June 27 2011 — 5:45 PM EDT
- Ronda Rousey to star in film adaptation of her autobiography
- Amazon's Nazi America fantasy High Castle to pose questions about modern politics
- Fantastic Fest: Nicolas Winding Refn on the film posters that drive him wild
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' casts Hawkman
- Taissa Farmiga and Nina Dobrev go back to camp in 'The Final Girls'
- A 'Dungeons & Dragons' film franchise is on its way
- 'Sleepy Hollow' trades Headless for a familiar face