Wounded and searching for a hideout, a bank robber (the volatile Clayne Crawford) talks his way into the home of a kinky, persnickety L.A. fop (David Hyde Pierce) about to give a dinner party. For a while, the movie has a cat-and-mouse appeal — it’s like Hard Candy crossed with a smaller-scale Deathtrap. Pierce acts with an enjoyably testy flamboyance, but by the time he starts to imagine that his guests have arrived even though dinner’s been canceled, the film has given him one loose screw too many. The outré twists just pile up from there. C+
DINNER IS SERVED David Hyde Pierce in The Perfect Host
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Clayne Crawford, David Hyde Pierce, Nathaniel Parker; Director: Nick Tomnay; Author: Nick Tomnay; Release Date Limited: 07/01/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted July 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday