Wounded and searching for a hideout, a bank robber (the volatile Clayne Crawford) talks his way into the home of a kinky, persnickety L.A. fop (David Hyde Pierce) about to give a dinner party. For a while, the movie has a cat-and-mouse appeal — it’s like Hard Candy crossed with a smaller-scale Deathtrap. Pierce acts with an enjoyably testy flamboyance, but by the time he starts to imagine that his guests have arrived even though dinner’s been canceled, the film has given him one loose screw too many. The outré twists just pile up from there. C+
DINNER IS SERVED David Hyde Pierce in The Perfect Host
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Clayne Crawford, David Hyde Pierce, Nathaniel Parker; Director: Nick Tomnay; Author: Nick Tomnay; Release Date Limited: 07/01/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted July 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses reveal who those new guys AREN'T
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast