Wounded and searching for a hideout, a bank robber (the volatile Clayne Crawford) talks his way into the home of a kinky, persnickety L.A. fop (David Hyde Pierce) about to give a dinner party. For a while, the movie has a cat-and-mouse appeal — it’s like Hard Candy crossed with a smaller-scale Deathtrap. Pierce acts with an enjoyably testy flamboyance, but by the time he starts to imagine that his guests have arrived even though dinner’s been canceled, the film has given him one loose screw too many. The outré twists just pile up from there. C+
DINNER IS SERVED David Hyde Pierce in The Perfect Host
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Clayne Crawford, David Hyde Pierce, Nathaniel Parker; Director: Nick Tomnay; Author: Nick Tomnay; Release Date Limited: 07/01/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted July 6 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- Brie Larson opens up about 'nerve-racking' Captain Marvel reveal
- Disney's live-action 'Nutcracker' casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- WATCH: Anthony Anderson sings in 'Doc McStuffins' season premiere
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels