A Texas judge rejected a deal that would have allowed Willie Nelson to plead guilty to marijuana possession and pay a $500 fine, according to the Associated Press. Hudspeth County Judge Becky Dean-Walker said that she nixed the prosecutor’s offer because he “doesn’t do that for anybody else.” Nelson could face up to a year in jail for the misdemeanor marijuana possession charge, stemming from his November arrest. Nelson’s lawyer did you immediately respond to a request for comment.
Posted July 7 2011 — 9:25 AM EDT
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony
- 'Silence' reviews: Martin Scorsese's grand epic becomes dull roar
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home