Has the future Mrs. Bieber been taking guidance from her prince-of-pop boyfriend? On her first two albums, this Disney star never shook the moonlighting-actor vibe; on When the Sun Goes Down, though, she sounds fully invested in tart electro-disco ditties like ”Bang Bang Bang,” which strongly recalls La Roux’s ”Bulletproof.” And the top-shelf collaborators don’t hurt — see: the grinding ”Whiplash,” co-penned by one Britney Spears. B+
SCENE QUEEN Gomez seems to be taking tips from her famous boyfriend Justin Bieber on this tart pop album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Selena Gomez; Music Label: Hollywood
Posted July 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What EW staffers are thankful for this year
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'