Has the future Mrs. Bieber been taking guidance from her prince-of-pop boyfriend? On her first two albums, this Disney star never shook the moonlighting-actor vibe; on When the Sun Goes Down, though, she sounds fully invested in tart electro-disco ditties like ”Bang Bang Bang,” which strongly recalls La Roux’s ”Bulletproof.” And the top-shelf collaborators don’t hurt — see: the grinding ”Whiplash,” co-penned by one Britney Spears. B+
SCENE QUEEN Gomez seems to be taking tips from her famous boyfriend Justin Bieber on this tart pop album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Selena Gomez; Music Label: Hollywood
Posted July 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joshua Malina & Scott Foley talk 'Paris Is Burning' in ‘Folina: A 'Scandal' Hangover Blog’
- Lena Dunham's mother was critical of her 'Scandal' performance
- Brie Larson and Jimmy Fallon play 'The Whisper Challenge' on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'