Has the future Mrs. Bieber been taking guidance from her prince-of-pop boyfriend? On her first two albums, this Disney star never shook the moonlighting-actor vibe; on When the Sun Goes Down, though, she sounds fully invested in tart electro-disco ditties like ”Bang Bang Bang,” which strongly recalls La Roux’s ”Bulletproof.” And the top-shelf collaborators don’t hurt — see: the grinding ”Whiplash,” co-penned by one Britney Spears. B+
SCENE QUEEN Gomez seems to be taking tips from her famous boyfriend Justin Bieber on this tart pop album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Selena Gomez; Music Label: Hollywood
Posted July 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis to guest on 'Billy on the Street'
- 'Walking Dead' actor to guest on Fox's 'Minority Report'
- Hulk Hogan: The N-word was part of my 'daily environment' growing up
- Eddie Redmayne hopes 'Fantastic Beasts' will be 'quite a ride'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!