Has the future Mrs. Bieber been taking guidance from her prince-of-pop boyfriend? On her first two albums, this Disney star never shook the moonlighting-actor vibe; on When the Sun Goes Down, though, she sounds fully invested in tart electro-disco ditties like ”Bang Bang Bang,” which strongly recalls La Roux’s ”Bulletproof.” And the top-shelf collaborators don’t hurt — see: the grinding ”Whiplash,” co-penned by one Britney Spears. B+
SCENE QUEEN Gomez seems to be taking tips from her famous boyfriend Justin Bieber on this tart pop album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Selena Gomez; Music Label: Hollywood
Posted July 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum