Has the future Mrs. Bieber been taking guidance from her prince-of-pop boyfriend? On her first two albums, this Disney star never shook the moonlighting-actor vibe; on When the Sun Goes Down, though, she sounds fully invested in tart electro-disco ditties like ”Bang Bang Bang,” which strongly recalls La Roux’s ”Bulletproof.” And the top-shelf collaborators don’t hurt — see: the grinding ”Whiplash,” co-penned by one Britney Spears. B+
SCENE QUEEN Gomez seems to be taking tips from her famous boyfriend Justin Bieber on this tart pop album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Selena Gomez; Music Label: Hollywood
Posted July 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Audience member attempts to charge phone on stage at Broadway play
- Conan O'Brien on hosting his show from Comic-Con: 'Imagine 'Conan' bombarded by gamma rays'
- Dave Grohl covers Neil Young with members of Blind Melon and Pearl Jam
- 'Boulevard' director on working with Robin Williams: 'I couldn't have loved him more'
- 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' exclusive images
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Katherine Howe's ghostly love story 'The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen'
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!