Has the future Mrs. Bieber been taking guidance from her prince-of-pop boyfriend? On her first two albums, this Disney star never shook the moonlighting-actor vibe; on When the Sun Goes Down, though, she sounds fully invested in tart electro-disco ditties like ”Bang Bang Bang,” which strongly recalls La Roux’s ”Bulletproof.” And the top-shelf collaborators don’t hurt — see: the grinding ”Whiplash,” co-penned by one Britney Spears. B+
SCENE QUEEN Gomez seems to be taking tips from her famous boyfriend Justin Bieber on this tart pop album
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Selena Gomez; Music Label: Hollywood
Posted July 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!