After a decade of magic, mystery, and an ever-more-monochromatic color scheme, the Harry Potter movie franchise comes to an end this week with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows–Part 2, surely the most anticipated octoquel in history. (Sorry, First Contact!) Last night, the film had its US premiere at Lincoln Center in New York, and EW Managing Editor Jess Cagle was on hand to welcome the Potter cast and crew. Check out exclusive video of the red carpet, including Potter producer David Heyman (who regales the crowd with the real-life magical tale of his discovery of Daniel Radcliffe), supporting players like Tom Felton and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom, who looks about seven-feet-tall in real-life), and of course the central trio: Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, and Emma Watson.
(Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)
Posted July 12 2011 — 12:42 PM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!