After a decade of magic, mystery, and an ever-more-monochromatic color scheme, the Harry Potter movie franchise comes to an end this week with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows–Part 2, surely the most anticipated octoquel in history. (Sorry, First Contact!) Last night, the film had its US premiere at Lincoln Center in New York, and EW Managing Editor Jess Cagle was on hand to welcome the Potter cast and crew. Check out exclusive video of the red carpet, including Potter producer David Heyman (who regales the crowd with the real-life magical tale of his discovery of Daniel Radcliffe), supporting players like Tom Felton and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom, who looks about seven-feet-tall in real-life), and of course the central trio: Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, and Emma Watson.
(Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)
Posted July 12 2011 — 12:42 PM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels