After a decade of magic, mystery, and an ever-more-monochromatic color scheme, the Harry Potter movie franchise comes to an end this week with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows–Part 2, surely the most anticipated octoquel in history. (Sorry, First Contact!) Last night, the film had its US premiere at Lincoln Center in New York, and EW Managing Editor Jess Cagle was on hand to welcome the Potter cast and crew. Check out exclusive video of the red carpet, including Potter producer David Heyman (who regales the crowd with the real-life magical tale of his discovery of Daniel Radcliffe), supporting players like Tom Felton and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom, who looks about seven-feet-tall in real-life), and of course the central trio: Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, and Emma Watson.
(Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)
Posted July 12 2011 — 12:42 PM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover