After a decade of magic, mystery, and an ever-more-monochromatic color scheme, the Harry Potter movie franchise comes to an end this week with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows–Part 2, surely the most anticipated octoquel in history. (Sorry, First Contact!) Last night, the film had its US premiere at Lincoln Center in New York, and EW Managing Editor Jess Cagle was on hand to welcome the Potter cast and crew. Check out exclusive video of the red carpet, including Potter producer David Heyman (who regales the crowd with the real-life magical tale of his discovery of Daniel Radcliffe), supporting players like Tom Felton and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom, who looks about seven-feet-tall in real-life), and of course the central trio: Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, and Emma Watson.
(Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation