After a decade of magic, mystery, and an ever-more-monochromatic color scheme, the Harry Potter movie franchise comes to an end this week with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows–Part 2, surely the most anticipated octoquel in history. (Sorry, First Contact!) Last night, the film had its US premiere at Lincoln Center in New York, and EW Managing Editor Jess Cagle was on hand to welcome the Potter cast and crew. Check out exclusive video of the red carpet, including Potter producer David Heyman (who regales the crowd with the real-life magical tale of his discovery of Daniel Radcliffe), supporting players like Tom Felton and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom, who looks about seven-feet-tall in real-life), and of course the central trio: Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, and Emma Watson.
(Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)
Posted July 12 2011 — 12:42 PM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum