Ben (Colin Hanks), a mild-?mannered Midwestern millionaire lottery winner who happens to be a serial killer, marries the girl next door of his dreams ? (Ari Graynor), who happens to be a gold digger. Comedy high jinks ensue in Lucky, as the lady considers just how much she’s willing to overlook in the name of bling. The concept, perilously high, is further overloaded by performances that are perilously broad, particularly from Graynor and an ill-used Ann-Margret as Ben’s mother. It is fun, though, ? to see the younger Hanks play a murderer — it’s like seeing Justin Bieber work blue. B?
KILLER MILLIONAIRE Colin Hanks in Lucky (Laura A. Chang)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ari Graynor, Colin Hanks; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R
Posted July 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!