Ben (Colin Hanks), a mild-?mannered Midwestern millionaire lottery winner who happens to be a serial killer, marries the girl next door of his dreams ? (Ari Graynor), who happens to be a gold digger. Comedy high jinks ensue in Lucky, as the lady considers just how much she’s willing to overlook in the name of bling. The concept, perilously high, is further overloaded by performances that are perilously broad, particularly from Graynor and an ill-used Ann-Margret as Ben’s mother. It is fun, though, ? to see the younger Hanks play a murderer — it’s like seeing Justin Bieber work blue. B?
KILLER MILLIONAIRE Colin Hanks in Lucky (Laura A. Chang)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ari Graynor, Colin Hanks; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A