Ben (Colin Hanks), a mild-?mannered Midwestern millionaire lottery winner who happens to be a serial killer, marries the girl next door of his dreams ? (Ari Graynor), who happens to be a gold digger. Comedy high jinks ensue in Lucky, as the lady considers just how much she’s willing to overlook in the name of bling. The concept, perilously high, is further overloaded by performances that are perilously broad, particularly from Graynor and an ill-used Ann-Margret as Ben’s mother. It is fun, though, ? to see the younger Hanks play a murderer — it’s like seeing Justin Bieber work blue. B?
KILLER MILLIONAIRE Colin Hanks in Lucky (Laura A. Chang)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ari Graynor, Colin Hanks; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R
Posted July 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?