Ben (Colin Hanks), a mild-?mannered Midwestern millionaire lottery winner who happens to be a serial killer, marries the girl next door of his dreams ? (Ari Graynor), who happens to be a gold digger. Comedy high jinks ensue in Lucky, as the lady considers just how much she’s willing to overlook in the name of bling. The concept, perilously high, is further overloaded by performances that are perilously broad, particularly from Graynor and an ill-used Ann-Margret as Ben’s mother. It is fun, though, ? to see the younger Hanks play a murderer — it’s like seeing Justin Bieber work blue. B?
KILLER MILLIONAIRE Colin Hanks in Lucky (Laura A. Chang)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ari Graynor, Colin Hanks; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: 'in good spirits'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!