Ben (Colin Hanks), a mild-?mannered Midwestern millionaire lottery winner who happens to be a serial killer, marries the girl next door of his dreams ? (Ari Graynor), who happens to be a gold digger. Comedy high jinks ensue in Lucky, as the lady considers just how much she’s willing to overlook in the name of bling. The concept, perilously high, is further overloaded by performances that are perilously broad, particularly from Graynor and an ill-used Ann-Margret as Ben’s mother. It is fun, though, ? to see the younger Hanks play a murderer — it’s like seeing Justin Bieber work blue. B?
KILLER MILLIONAIRE Colin Hanks in Lucky (Laura A. Chang)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ari Graynor, Colin Hanks; Release Date Limited: 07/15/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R
Posted July 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996