There’s a fine tradition of pop-music novels (here’s to you, Elaine Jesmer and Number One With a Bullet), and Stone Arabia joins the genre’s upper echelons with the transfixing story of rock musician Nik Worth, a fictional almost-pop star in the ’80s. He has withdrawn from public life but continues to make music, releasing handcrafted CDs only to those closest to him and writing fake, intricate reviews and self-interviews. Is he a genius madman, or a sane artist unsullied by 21st-century American idolatry? The tale is told by his sister, who is equal parts ambivalent enabler and ultimate fan. Spiotta, author of the must-read Eat the Document, has created another movingly fab narrative; it’s as though Nabokov had written a rock novel. A
Stone ArabiaThere's a fine tradition of pop-music novels (here's to you, Elaine Jesmer and Number One With a Bullet), and Stone Arabia joins...Stone ArabiaFictionDana SpiottaThere's a fine tradition of pop-music novels (here's to you, Elaine Jesmer and Number One With a Bullet), and Stone Arabia joins...2011-07-13Scribner
ROCK STEADY Musician protagonist Nik is Worth-y of Nabokov
Genre: Fiction; Author: Dana Spiotta; Publisher: Scribner
Posted July 13 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- 'Madam Secretary': Eric Stoltz to play Téa Leoni's brother
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!