No, you’re not crazy. That was an ad for the 2011 movie Bad Teacher running on a plasma screen in a recent rerun of a 2006 episode of How I Met Your Mother. Turns out that 20th Television, the studio distributor of HIMYM, has teamed with SeamBI, a company that inserts new product placement into old TV episodes (including 20th TV’s My Name Is Earl). ”We wanted to offer our advertiser and station clients a unique opportunity in syndication,” says 20th’s Paul Franklin, who adds that ”viewer feedback has been minimal…indicating to us that in-show advertisements are appearing unobtrusively.” True, because there’s nothing subtler than time travel.
Posted July 15 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big