Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith – the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December – was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Posted July 15 2011 — 12:32 PM EDT
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss on that killer finale and what's next
- Denis Villeneuve in talks to direct 'Blade Runner' sequel: Report
- 'Vikings': Katheryn Winnick on Lagertha's season 3 plans
- Scarlett Johansson defends John Travolta
- 'Power/Rangers' fan film off YouTube
- YouTube duo get 'Electra Woman and Dyna Girl' gig
- 'Minority Report' casts Stark Sands as twin precogs
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!