Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith – the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December – was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Posted July 15 2011 — 12:32 PM EDT
- 'The Flash' star Grant Gustin zooms through EW’s Pop Culture Personality Quiz
- The TV addict's guide to the must-see panels at New York Comic-Con 2015
- The next 'Far Cry' is a mammoth-hunting caveman adventure
- Ashley Judd alleges that she was sexually harassed by a studio mogul
- The modern relevancy of Monday night's surprise 'Gotham' twist
- Dateline to tell the stories of 27 women in 'Cosby Accusers Speak'
- Ryan Murphy has already asked Lady Gaga to join 'AHS' season 6