Police in Beverly Hills have officially closed the Ronni Chasen murder case, according to the Beverly Hills Courier. The Hollywood publicist, who was killed Nov. 16 following a premiere party for Burlesque, was murdered with a gun stolen from a police officer during a burglary. Though some theories following Chasen’s murder pointed to a hit man, Harold Martin Smith – the ex-con suspect in the case who killed himself in December – was not a professional. Instead, the crime scene appeared to indicate an attempted robbery or road rage took place.
Posted July 15 2011 — 12:32 PM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!