Peter Jackson says no 'Hobbit' at Comic-Con this year, but unveils new production video | EW.com

Movies | Inside Movies

Peter Jackson says no 'Hobbit' at Comic-Con this year, but unveils new production video

Peter Jackson

(Fotonoticias/WireImage.com)

Peter Jackson confirmed today that his two upcoming The Hobbit films won’t be making an appearance at Comic-Con this year. “New Line and Warner Bros. were very happy to support a presentation, but I declined, simply because I felt it was too early,” the director posted on his Facebook page. “There’s so much more of the films still to shoot. I just wanted to get that out there, because I’ve seen various references to the possibility of something Hobbity at Comic-Con. Hate to disappoint anyone. But something tells me we will be there in force next year.”

Jackson also uploaded his third production video for The Lord of the Rings prequels. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again are scheduled to be released Dec. 14, 2012 and Dec. 13, 2013, respectively. Last month, Jackson shared the first images from the J.R.R. Tolkien adaptation exclusively with EW.

Read more:
‘The Hobbit’: Peter Jackson offers the first look at Thorin Oakenshield
‘The Hobbit’: Peter Jackson takes fans on location(s) in latest Facebook video
‘The Hobbit’: Peter Jackson offers the first close-up look at three of his dwarves

More from Our Partners