If you thought Bradley Cooper played jerks in Wedding Crashers and the Hangover movies, just wait for Paradise Lost. In director Alex Proyas’ big-budget, effects-driven adaptation of John Milton’s epic poem, Cooper will play the granddaddy of all bad guys: Lucifer himself. ”I’m very excited,” Cooper told EW while promoting the July 19 Blu-ray release of Limitless. ”I studied that poem at Georgetown, and I fell in love with that character. Satan is very compelling. You understand his argument. Hopefully we’ll be able to maintain the integrity of that.” How exactly do you make a Hollywood tentpole movie out of a 17th-century blank-verse poem about the fall of man? By focusing on the action — particularly the battle in heaven between the Archangel Michael and his traitorous brother, Lucifer — and using the latest in motion-capture digital effects. ”That technology is evolving exponentially by the minute, so where they were when they did Avatar as opposed to where they are now is almost different worlds,” says Cooper, who begins filming Paradise Lost in October. So how will his character look on screen? ”I think it is going to look like me,” he says, laughing. ”I’m not sure what that says about how satanic I look.”
Posted July 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!