The extraterrestrial invasion in this tightly paced British sci-fi comedy isn’t a national emergency, it’s a local one. A young nurse on her way home is menaced by a group of teenagers — slinging a machine-gun argot of luvs and bruvs — but they all soon discover something far more dangerous roaming the streets of South London. There could be a few more scares and laughs, but it’s a blast to be drawn into this urban ecosystem that is, to us Yanks, itself a bit alien. B+
LOOKING OUT Nick Frost as Ron in Attack the Block (Liam Daniel)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: John Boyega, Jodie Whittaker; Director: Joe Cornish; Release Date Limited: 07/29/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted July 28 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!