The extraterrestrial invasion in this tightly paced British sci-fi comedy isn’t a national emergency, it’s a local one. A young nurse on her way home is menaced by a group of teenagers — slinging a machine-gun argot of luvs and bruvs — but they all soon discover something far more dangerous roaming the streets of South London. There could be a few more scares and laughs, but it’s a blast to be drawn into this urban ecosystem that is, to us Yanks, itself a bit alien. B+
LOOKING OUT Nick Frost as Ron in Attack the Block (Liam Daniel)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: John Boyega, Jodie Whittaker; Director: Joe Cornish; Release Date Limited: 07/29/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted July 28 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Statham on Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson drama: 'I stay out' of it
- Chris O'Dowd to star in Epix's 'Get Shorty' TV series
- Streamy Awards announce 2016 nominations
- 'Lip Sync Battle' bringing back celebrity champs for first live special
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...