Move over Mythbusters: Promoting their upcoming National Geographic show Rocket City Rednecks, a crew of so-called backwoods mad scientists just mentioned at TV critics press tour that they built themselves a working Iron Man suit. We asked Nat Geo for a pic of this and, well, whaddya know – it’s sort of looks like the Iron Man equivalent of the outfits wore by those homemade Batman imposters in The Dark Knight. Designer Travis Taylor says they tested the 200-pound suit and it’s effectively bullet proof (though the network nixed allowing that test to be conducted while somebody was inside the suit), and it’s machine-assisted strength allows a man to curl a keg of beer (though not, presumably, fly … or run … or walk briskly). Cost: $3,000. Here’s the pic: He … is … Iron Man?:
(National Geographic Channel)
Posted July 28 2011 — 7:52 PM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'