Move over Mythbusters: Promoting their upcoming National Geographic show Rocket City Rednecks, a crew of so-called backwoods mad scientists just mentioned at TV critics press tour that they built themselves a working Iron Man suit. We asked Nat Geo for a pic of this and, well, whaddya know – it’s sort of looks like the Iron Man equivalent of the outfits wore by those homemade Batman imposters in The Dark Knight. Designer Travis Taylor says they tested the 200-pound suit and it’s effectively bullet proof (though the network nixed allowing that test to be conducted while somebody was inside the suit), and it’s machine-assisted strength allows a man to curl a keg of beer (though not, presumably, fly … or run … or walk briskly). Cost: $3,000. Here’s the pic: He … is … Iron Man?:
(National Geographic Channel)
Posted July 28 2011 — 7:52 PM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast