Parts of one of Alfred Hitchcock’s earliest films, 1923’s The White Shadow, have been discovered by the New Zealand Film Archive, according to the Associated Press. It is the only known copy of the silent film, which Hitchcock wrote, edited, and served as assistant director and art director. The film’s first three reels (three others remain missing or destroyed) were donated to the Archive in 1993 after the death of a projectionist who had collected old silent films. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills will host a special screening of the film on Sept. 22.
Posted August 3 2011 — 5:00 PM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50