Though audiences still have to wait until next July 3 for The Amazing Spider-Man to hit theaters, Sony is clearly very bullish on its reboot of the web-slinging franchise – so much so that they’ve already greenlit a sequel and staked out a release date of May 2, 2014 for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. “It speaks volumes about our confidence in what we are seeing on the new film and our desire to move quickly on the next installment,” says a studio source. No further information is available on the sequel at this point, though it seems safe to assume that the new Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield, will be back wearing the suit again. But hey, it’s never too early for fanboys to start lobbying for their favorite villains, so have at it: Who would you like to see Spider-Man square off against in the franchise’s next chapter?
Posted August 5 2011 — 2:26 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt