Seven months before The Hunger Games bursts into theaters, Lionsgate has already announced the release date for its sequel. Catching Fire, based on the second book in Suzanne Collins’ bestselling trilogy will debut on Nov. 22, 2013. “The magical thing about the Hunger Games trilogy is that the books have such a vastly broad appeal,” said Joe Drake, co-COO of Lionsgate, in a statement. “The stories truly offer something for everyone, and the period around the Thanksgiving weekend is such an opportunity for families and friends to make an event of going to the movies.”
Posted August 8 2011 — 2:11 PM EDT
- RZA slams Azealia Banks for her Russell Crowe assault claims
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Torrey DeVitto says goodbye to Melissa Hastings
- Josh Gad boards Kenneth Branagh's 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Box Office Preview: 'Madea,' 'Jack Reacher' Battle for No. 1
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return