Seven months before The Hunger Games bursts into theaters, Lionsgate has already announced the release date for its sequel. Catching Fire, based on the second book in Suzanne Collins’ bestselling trilogy will debut on Nov. 22, 2013. “The magical thing about the Hunger Games trilogy is that the books have such a vastly broad appeal,” said Joe Drake, co-COO of Lionsgate, in a statement. “The stories truly offer something for everyone, and the period around the Thanksgiving weekend is such an opportunity for families and friends to make an event of going to the movies.”
Posted August 8 2011 — 2:11 PM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade