Seven months before The Hunger Games bursts into theaters, Lionsgate has already announced the release date for its sequel. Catching Fire, based on the second book in Suzanne Collins’ bestselling trilogy will debut on Nov. 22, 2013. “The magical thing about the Hunger Games trilogy is that the books have such a vastly broad appeal,” said Joe Drake, co-COO of Lionsgate, in a statement. “The stories truly offer something for everyone, and the period around the Thanksgiving weekend is such an opportunity for families and friends to make an event of going to the movies.”
Posted August 8 2011 — 2:11 PM EDT
- First trailer for Zoolander 2 asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- British singer and TV star Cilla Black dies at 72
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!