Seven months before The Hunger Games bursts into theaters, Lionsgate has already announced the release date for its sequel. Catching Fire, based on the second book in Suzanne Collins’ bestselling trilogy will debut on Nov. 22, 2013. “The magical thing about the Hunger Games trilogy is that the books have such a vastly broad appeal,” said Joe Drake, co-COO of Lionsgate, in a statement. “The stories truly offer something for everyone, and the period around the Thanksgiving weekend is such an opportunity for families and friends to make an event of going to the movies.”
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- John Stamos calls 'bulls---' on Olsen twins' 'Full House' claims
- Disney stars get horrific in teaser for slasher movie 'Some Kind of Hate'
- 5 things we learned from Robert Downey Jr.'s interview with Howard Stern
- 'Living on Love' to close on Broadway
- Miss Piggy to receive Brooklyn Museum award
- Nelly's going country on his next EP, 'Heartland'
- Talking love and movies with 'Belgian Brando' Matthias Schoenaerts