Seven months before The Hunger Games bursts into theaters, Lionsgate has already announced the release date for its sequel. Catching Fire, based on the second book in Suzanne Collins’ bestselling trilogy will debut on Nov. 22, 2013. “The magical thing about the Hunger Games trilogy is that the books have such a vastly broad appeal,” said Joe Drake, co-COO of Lionsgate, in a statement. “The stories truly offer something for everyone, and the period around the Thanksgiving weekend is such an opportunity for families and friends to make an event of going to the movies.”
Posted August 8 2011 — 2:11 PM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'