Seeing this shot of Tiffani Thiessen and Mark-Paul Gosselaar hugging it out at a charity event over the weekend reminded me that I still have a lot of animosity towards Zack Morris. (Which sucks, because one-time EW.com cupcake-feeder Mark-Paul Gosselaar in person is pretty awesome.) He tried to take away the most important opportunity of Kelly Kapowski’s feathered little life because he was afraid he was going to lose her. That manipulative bastard!
Do you ever see photos of perfectly nice actor-people and realize you still resent them for something their stupid characters did? That’s crazy. We’re all crazy!
Funny or Die already covered The 10 Creepiest Things About Zack Morris pretty well. So the real point of this blog item, despite the headline, is that you guys MUST join me in reliving Saved by the Bell’s ridiculous modeling montage from season 2, episode 10: “Model Students.” There’s an Arrested Development hidden gem in it for you if you do….
Skip to 1:36 if you’re pressed for time and need no re-introduction to Teen Fashion magazine photographer Adam Trask.
Top 5 Realizations re: ‘Saved by the Bell’ Modeling Montage Now That I’m All Grown Up
5. Lisa Turtle was even worse at modeling than I remembered!
4. Why and HOW was there a Bayside school store? What is this, college?
3. Kelly’s “you caught me on the pay phone” spin-around is the cheesy photo shoot pose I’ve been trying to recreate all my life (and it’s never worked).
2. Someone in wardrobe REALLY screwed Jessie Spano with that dreadful westernwear at the end. All three girls had to do denim-on-denim (and at this point it rightfully sounds like I’m treating this photo shoot like a porn set), but Kelly got to rock what was pretty much a white denim two-piece while Jessi – who was clearly the best swimsuit model based on the creepy cardboard cutouts Scuba Screech had shot during swim team practice – had to wear mom-jeans with huge brown thigh patches. I remember thinking at the time that Kelly was so much better at modeling than Lisa and Jessie that a heavy hand in editing wouldn’t make any difference. But looking back in my old age, this s— was totally fixed to make Kelly seem like the obvious choice.
1. That photographer definitely says “Glasses off, hair down” during Jessi’s “studious yet fashionable” staircase descent. Did the Arrested Development writers have the Saved by the Bell modeling montage on the mind when they scripted Kitty and G.O.B.’s close encounter in the copy room? How awful!
Do you have anything to get off your chest re: the Saved by the Bell modeling montage? And what’s the first scene YOU thought of when you saw Kelly and Zack? It’s gotta be better than mine.