The shadowy hacktivist organization known as Anonymous has released a video on YouTube promising to attack mega-popular social networking site Facebook on Nov. 5 – which is the popular revolutionary holiday Guy Fawkes Day, celebrated in Britain and by fans of V for Vendetta. In the video, the group promises nothing less than the destruction of the network, urging viewers to join Anonymous: “Kill Facebook for the sake of your own privacy.” The accusations come fast and furious – among other things, Anonymous claims that Facebook is selling personal information to government agencies. “We are Anonymous,” concludes the voiceover, “We are Legion.” Watch the video and commence planning for the apocalypse:
Posted August 10 2011 — 11:05 AM EDT
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit
- 'McFarland, USA' and the neutering of sports movies
- Leonard Nimoy: 9 'I Am Not Spock' TV roles
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?