The shadowy hacktivist organization known as Anonymous has released a video on YouTube promising to attack mega-popular social networking site Facebook on Nov. 5 – which is the popular revolutionary holiday Guy Fawkes Day, celebrated in Britain and by fans of V for Vendetta. In the video, the group promises nothing less than the destruction of the network, urging viewers to join Anonymous: “Kill Facebook for the sake of your own privacy.” The accusations come fast and furious – among other things, Anonymous claims that Facebook is selling personal information to government agencies. “We are Anonymous,” concludes the voiceover, “We are Legion.” Watch the video and commence planning for the apocalypse:
Posted August 10 2011 — 11:05 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?