The shadowy hacktivist organization known as Anonymous has released a video on YouTube promising to attack mega-popular social networking site Facebook on Nov. 5 – which is the popular revolutionary holiday Guy Fawkes Day, celebrated in Britain and by fans of V for Vendetta. In the video, the group promises nothing less than the destruction of the network, urging viewers to join Anonymous: “Kill Facebook for the sake of your own privacy.” The accusations come fast and furious – among other things, Anonymous claims that Facebook is selling personal information to government agencies. “We are Anonymous,” concludes the voiceover, “We are Legion.” Watch the video and commence planning for the apocalypse:
Posted August 10 2011 — 11:05 AM EDT
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Darren Criss & Aaron Tveit duet 'Take Me or Leave Me' from 'Rent'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!