The shadowy hacktivist organization known as Anonymous has released a video on YouTube promising to attack mega-popular social networking site Facebook on Nov. 5 – which is the popular revolutionary holiday Guy Fawkes Day, celebrated in Britain and by fans of V for Vendetta. In the video, the group promises nothing less than the destruction of the network, urging viewers to join Anonymous: “Kill Facebook for the sake of your own privacy.” The accusations come fast and furious – among other things, Anonymous claims that Facebook is selling personal information to government agencies. “We are Anonymous,” concludes the voiceover, “We are Legion.” Watch the video and commence planning for the apocalypse:
Posted August 10 2011 — 11:05 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!