The shadowy hacktivist organization known as Anonymous has released a video on YouTube promising to attack mega-popular social networking site Facebook on Nov. 5 – which is the popular revolutionary holiday Guy Fawkes Day, celebrated in Britain and by fans of V for Vendetta. In the video, the group promises nothing less than the destruction of the network, urging viewers to join Anonymous: “Kill Facebook for the sake of your own privacy.” The accusations come fast and furious – among other things, Anonymous claims that Facebook is selling personal information to government agencies. “We are Anonymous,” concludes the voiceover, “We are Legion.” Watch the video and commence planning for the apocalypse:
Posted August 10 2011 — 11:05 AM EDT
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!