Streisand dialed down the diva ‘tude for 2009’s Love Is the Answer, a relatively restrained collaboration with jazz star Diana Krall that led to the legend’s first club date in decades. Here Babs goes bigger, singing the natural-fiber stuffing out of 10 dramatic tearjerkers by her old pals Alan and Marilyn Bergman (”The Way We Were,” ”You Don’t Bring Me Flowers”). On ”So Many Stars,” she even does a few bars in Portuguese, just because she can. B+
'MATTERS' OF THE HEART Belting out tearjerkers (sometimes in Portuguese), Streisand is bringing diva back
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performer: Barbra Streisand; Status: In Season
Posted August 10 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office report: 'Focus' beats 'Fifty Shades'
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!