Wondering if Benjamin Bratt will return to Modern Family this season? You can bet on it. EW has learned that Bratt’s Javier – ex-husband of Gloria (Sofia Vergara) and absentee father of Manny (Rico Rodriguez) – will spend a day at the races with the Pritchett-Delgado clan. In an episode airing this fall, “Jay (Ed O’Neill) feels possessive of Manny for the first time and wonders what he’s allowed to do and what he isn’t as his step-dad,” hints exec producer Christopher Lloyd. “The [racetrack] backdrop becomes kind of a competition between Jay and Javier for Manny.” Modern Family returns to ABC for season 3 on Sept. 21.
(Tina Gill/PR Photos)
Posted August 12 2011 — 1:16 PM EDT
- Bill Cosby said in '05 deposition he acquired drugs to give women for sex: Report
- Exclusive 'Royal Pains' clip: Hank is suspicious of Evan and Boris
- LeBron James will premiere Amy Schumer's Trainwreck in Akron
- Women's World Cup final: 25.4M viewers
- Dynamite and Atari team up for new comic ventures
- 'James Bond: The Musical'? It could happen
- Quiz: Match these iconic cars to their famous detective drivers
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!