Wondering if Benjamin Bratt will return to Modern Family this season? You can bet on it. EW has learned that Bratt’s Javier – ex-husband of Gloria (Sofia Vergara) and absentee father of Manny (Rico Rodriguez) – will spend a day at the races with the Pritchett-Delgado clan. In an episode airing this fall, “Jay (Ed O’Neill) feels possessive of Manny for the first time and wonders what he’s allowed to do and what he isn’t as his step-dad,” hints exec producer Christopher Lloyd. “The [racetrack] backdrop becomes kind of a competition between Jay and Javier for Manny.” Modern Family returns to ABC for season 3 on Sept. 21.
(Tina Gill/PR Photos)
Posted August 12 2011 — 1:16 PM EDT
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Eagles of Death Metal discuss Paris attacks in moving interview
- When to wear the new line of 'Empire' clothes
- See polar animals take to New York in new 'Norm of the North' trailer
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year