Wondering if Benjamin Bratt will return to Modern Family this season? You can bet on it. EW has learned that Bratt’s Javier – ex-husband of Gloria (Sofia Vergara) and absentee father of Manny (Rico Rodriguez) – will spend a day at the races with the Pritchett-Delgado clan. In an episode airing this fall, “Jay (Ed O’Neill) feels possessive of Manny for the first time and wonders what he’s allowed to do and what he isn’t as his step-dad,” hints exec producer Christopher Lloyd. “The [racetrack] backdrop becomes kind of a competition between Jay and Javier for Manny.” Modern Family returns to ABC for season 3 on Sept. 21.
(Tina Gill/PR Photos)
Posted August 12 2011 — 1:16 PM EDT
- Charli XCX releases sleek, dance-heavy video for single 'Vroom Vroom'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down tonight's action sequences
- John Krasinski to star in 'Jack Ryan' Amazon series
- Dylan O'Brien injuries further delay 'Maze Runner' sequel production
- 'The Flash' needs a new director
- 'The Ranch' renewed by Netflix
- 'Arrow' producer: 'Diversity is not a burden, it’s just smart business'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch