As a child of the ’80s I admit I was skeptical when I heard about the upcoming remake of the 1984 dance-tastic drama Footloose. But now that I’ve seen the new trailer for the film, I’m feeling a lot better about it. If the preview is any indication, it looks like director Craig Brewer (Hustle & Flow) brings a hip urgency to his version, starring newcomer Kenny Wormald and Dancing With the Stars standout Julianne Hough as the rug-cutting central couple. Meanwhile, Dennis Quaid brings his usual gravitas to his conservative-preacher role, one that in lesser hands could easily fall into caricature. And it helps that one of the film’s producers, Craig Zadan, also worked on the original. I admit that it’ll be a little tough for me to buy the 23-year-old Hough as a high-schooler, but the advance buzz on the movie (out Oct. 14) is so strong that I may just let it slide. Take a look at the new trailer—does it look almost like paradise to you?
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Ultimate Survival Alaska' star Jimmy Gojdics dead at 69
- Super scientific study finds which drugs are most prominent at music festivals
- Beloved dead comedians to perform again via hologram
- Mark Ruffalo defends Joss Whedon after feminist backlash
- 'The Last Man on Earth' names Dan Sterling as new showrunner
- Univision taps Bill Clinton for Upfront Q&A
- 'iZombie' renewed for season 2
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!