As a child of the ’80s I admit I was skeptical when I heard about the upcoming remake of the 1984 dance-tastic drama Footloose. But now that I’ve seen the new trailer for the film, I’m feeling a lot better about it. If the preview is any indication, it looks like director Craig Brewer (Hustle & Flow) brings a hip urgency to his version, starring newcomer Kenny Wormald and Dancing With the Stars standout Julianne Hough as the rug-cutting central couple. Meanwhile, Dennis Quaid brings his usual gravitas to his conservative-preacher role, one that in lesser hands could easily fall into caricature. And it helps that one of the film’s producers, Craig Zadan, also worked on the original. I admit that it’ll be a little tough for me to buy the 23-year-old Hough as a high-schooler, but the advance buzz on the movie (out Oct. 14) is so strong that I may just let it slide. Take a look at the new trailer—does it look almost like paradise to you?
Posted August 12 2011 — 6:53 PM EDT
- See the full trailer for Danny Boyle & Aaron Sorkin's 'Steve Jobs'
- J Balvin reacts to Trump fallout: Latinos are 'asking to be respected'
- See Ethan confront Harold in exclusive 'Wayward Pines' clip
- Freddie Mercury 'reacts' to Kanye West's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' cover
- What killed 'Superman Lives'?: New clip from doc on Tim Burton-Kevin Smith-Nicolas Cage '90s project
- Prince posts new 'HARDROCKLOVER'
- Iggy Azalea calls out sexist media
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!