Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark star Reeve Carney has officially been cast in a film about the late singer-songwriter Jeff Buckley. EW has confirmed the news, initially reported by Deadline, that the actor-singer will play Buckley in the untitled film, to be directed by Jake Scott. There is something of a rush of Buckley biopics in the near future: Gossip Girl star Penn Badgley will play Buckley in the competing biopic Greetings from Tim Buckley, and Australian director Brendan Fletcher is reportedly working on his own adaptation of the biography A Pure Drop: The Life of Jeff Buckley. The Carney-headlining film, however, is the only one being made with the direct participation of Buckley’s mother, and also has exclusive rights to Buckley’s music. The untitled biopic is scheduled to begin filming in November.
(Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)
Posted August 16 2011 — 3:20 PM EDT
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Isis King is 'the Kate Moss of the trans models' in 'Strut' finale clip
- Watch: Chad returns on 'Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After?'