Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark star Reeve Carney has officially been cast in a film about the late singer-songwriter Jeff Buckley. EW has confirmed the news, initially reported by Deadline, that the actor-singer will play Buckley in the untitled film, to be directed by Jake Scott. There is something of a rush of Buckley biopics in the near future: Gossip Girl star Penn Badgley will play Buckley in the competing biopic Greetings from Tim Buckley, and Australian director Brendan Fletcher is reportedly working on his own adaptation of the biography A Pure Drop: The Life of Jeff Buckley. The Carney-headlining film, however, is the only one being made with the direct participation of Buckley’s mother, and also has exclusive rights to Buckley’s music. The untitled biopic is scheduled to begin filming in November.
(Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)
Posted August 16 2011 — 3:20 PM EDT
- Ellie Goulding's ‘Still Falling for You’ video teases 'Bridget Jones’s Baby'
- Sarah Paulson in talks to join 'Ocean's Eight' ensemble
- Lemmy tribute statue unveiled at the Rainbow Room
- Oprah Winfrey: 'I could explain' election if I still had talk show
- Taylor Swift is skipping the VMAs, source says
- Jimmy Fallon launches app so fans can 'bonk' their own photos
- Hillary Clinton tweets support for Leslie Jones: ‘I’m with you’