Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark star Reeve Carney has officially been cast in a film about the late singer-songwriter Jeff Buckley. EW has confirmed the news, initially reported by Deadline, that the actor-singer will play Buckley in the untitled film, to be directed by Jake Scott. There is something of a rush of Buckley biopics in the near future: Gossip Girl star Penn Badgley will play Buckley in the competing biopic Greetings from Tim Buckley, and Australian director Brendan Fletcher is reportedly working on his own adaptation of the biography A Pure Drop: The Life of Jeff Buckley. The Carney-headlining film, however, is the only one being made with the direct participation of Buckley’s mother, and also has exclusive rights to Buckley’s music. The untitled biopic is scheduled to begin filming in November.
(Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)
Posted August 16 2011 — 3:20 PM EDT
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary