We’ve got your online exclusive first look at two new posters – and, technically, trailers – for Sundance hit Martha Marcy May Marlene. (In theaters Oct. 21.) The drama stars Elizabeth Olsen, younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley, as Martha (a.k.a. Marcy May, a.k.a. Marlene), a damaged woman who struggles to reassimilate with her family after fleeing a cult. Winter’s Bone Oscar nominee John Hawkes co-stars as the cult leader. The posters feature QR codes, which you scan with your smartphone for access to exclusive trailers. These previews will not be available any other way online – which is something new to online marketing – and are only viewable by scanning the QR codes. The posters will be randomly posted on the streets of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Los Angeles as well. Scannable standees will also hit movie theaters nationwide.
Posted August 22 2011 — 12:29 PM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!