We’ve got your online exclusive first look at two new posters – and, technically, trailers – for Sundance hit Martha Marcy May Marlene. (In theaters Oct. 21.) The drama stars Elizabeth Olsen, younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley, as Martha (a.k.a. Marcy May, a.k.a. Marlene), a damaged woman who struggles to reassimilate with her family after fleeing a cult. Winter’s Bone Oscar nominee John Hawkes co-stars as the cult leader. The posters feature QR codes, which you scan with your smartphone for access to exclusive trailers. These previews will not be available any other way online – which is something new to online marketing – and are only viewable by scanning the QR codes. The posters will be randomly posted on the streets of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Los Angeles as well. Scannable standees will also hit movie theaters nationwide.
Posted August 22 2011 — 12:29 PM EDT
- Olympics get virtual reality treatment thanks to NBC and Samsung
- Albert Brooks announces all his films will be on Netflix in July
- LCD Soundsystem launch Beach Vibes festival in Mexico
- USA's 'Shooter' adds 'Prison Break' alum
- Eva Longoria prank calls Mike O'Brien's parents
- Cate Blanchett talks to a genie about cookies in resurfaced '90s ad
- Oprah Winfrey to attend Essence Festival in New Orleans
- This Is What the 2006 'The Devil Wears Prada' Premiere Looked Like
- 27 Outspoken Celebrity Feminists
- 'The Devil Wears Prada': Patricia Field on Andy's Style Evolution
- 'Superman' cape, 'I Love Lucy' dress, and more up for auction
- 10 Sequels That Took More Than 10 Years
- See the Famous Voices Behind 'Anastasia'