We’ve got your online exclusive first look at two new posters – and, technically, trailers – for Sundance hit Martha Marcy May Marlene. (In theaters Oct. 21.) The drama stars Elizabeth Olsen, younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley, as Martha (a.k.a. Marcy May, a.k.a. Marlene), a damaged woman who struggles to reassimilate with her family after fleeing a cult. Winter’s Bone Oscar nominee John Hawkes co-stars as the cult leader. The posters feature QR codes, which you scan with your smartphone for access to exclusive trailers. These previews will not be available any other way online – which is something new to online marketing – and are only viewable by scanning the QR codes. The posters will be randomly posted on the streets of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Los Angeles as well. Scannable standees will also hit movie theaters nationwide.
Posted August 22 2011 — 12:29 PM EDT
- Gene Wilder: A look at his final onscreen performance
- Mel Brooks pays tribute to longtime collaborator Gene Wilder
- Inside the 'Bitch Sesh' Podcast
- Stars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Mankind is under threat in exclusive trailer for sci-fi film 'Somnus'
- Yvonne Strahovski joins Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale'
- Teyana Taylor: 5 things to know about the star of Kanye new video