We’ve got your online exclusive first look at two new posters – and, technically, trailers – for Sundance hit Martha Marcy May Marlene. (In theaters Oct. 21.) The drama stars Elizabeth Olsen, younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley, as Martha (a.k.a. Marcy May, a.k.a. Marlene), a damaged woman who struggles to reassimilate with her family after fleeing a cult. Winter’s Bone Oscar nominee John Hawkes co-stars as the cult leader. The posters feature QR codes, which you scan with your smartphone for access to exclusive trailers. These previews will not be available any other way online – which is something new to online marketing – and are only viewable by scanning the QR codes. The posters will be randomly posted on the streets of Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Los Angeles as well. Scannable standees will also hit movie theaters nationwide.
Posted August 22 2011 — 12:29 PM EDT
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor