Ben Affleck is in talks to direct and star in the action-thriller Line of Sight, EW has confirmed. The project would be produced by Affleck, Andrew Rona, and ’80s action iconoclast Joel Silver for Warner Bros., the studio where Affleck made the critically acclaimed 2010 heist flick, The Town. Line of Sight reportedly revolves around an elite commando team that faces a global threat while transporting cargo. (The Hollywood Reporter first reported the news.) With this latest project, the multi-hyphenate movie star’s dance card appears to be filling up fast. Affleck recently finished starring Terrence Malick’s latest film (which costars Rachel McAdams and is currently untitled) and just began directing and acting chores on Argo, a political thriller set against the backdrop of the ’70s Iran hostage crisis. If all of that weren’t enough, the actor announced another production today: He and Jennifer Garner are expecting their third child.
Posted August 23 2011 — 5:25 PM EDT
- HBO partners with Vice for daily newscast
- William Petersen of 'CSI' joins WGN's 'Manhattan'
- Watch an exclusive clip from Sunday's 'The Last Man on Earth'
- Cameron and Donna reboot their lives in exclusive clip from the new season of 'Halt and Catch Fire'
- Christina Hendricks loses face in exclusive NSFW featurette from Ryan Gosling's 'Lost River'
- Imagine Dragons, Cold War Kids, and Weezer join Rihanna, Zac Brown Band, and more to perform at March Madness Music Festival
- 'Walking Dead' finale: Gale Anne Hurd promises 'sad losses'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!