Natalie Portman has turned down a starring role in the drama Adaline – the same part that was ditched by Katherine Heigl last year. A rep for Portman tells EW that the the Black Swan star was offered and declined the lead role of a woman who mysteriously stops aging after a freak accident. The project previously had a March 2011 start date when Heigl was attached along with director Andy Tennant (The Bounty Hunter, Hitch), but it was put on hold when the actress withdrew last November. Portman, 30, has yet to pick a film since winning an Oscar in February and giving birth to her first child in June, although she has stayed in the public eye thanks to in-the-can movies like Thor and Your Highness and a high profile ad campaign for Miss Dior Cherie perfume.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!