In the true-life thriller Machine Gun Preacher, Gerard Butler plays Sam Childers, an ex-biker gang member who worked as an aid worker in East Africa and took on the Lord’s Resistance Army, a military group that forced children to become soldiers and left a trail of human rights abuses. In this exclusive clip from Preacher – which begins its limited platform release Sept. 23 – Childers begs the bank for an additional loan so that he can keep up his human rights work…but can you believe, those big-money fat cats won’t give him the dough? “Don’t tell me to calm down!” he shrieks. Watch the video here:
Posted August 30 2011 — 4:02 PM EDT
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...