Like his cluster of guest appearances and the lone mixtape he’s dropped since his release from prison last winter, Wayne’s latest album, Tha Carter IV, is a collection of hits and misses. Cuts like the sinful ”She Will” and pensive ”Nightmares of the Bottom” are the studs among dull songs declaring wealth and swag (”MegaMan,” ”Blunt Blowin”). Unfortunately, C-4 doesn’t quite deliver the explosion it should have been capable of. B
MIXED TAPE Weezy's latest is a mishmash of sinfully sick hits and dull misses (FilmMagic.com)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lil Wayne; Music Label: Cash Money
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?