Like his cluster of guest appearances and the lone mixtape he’s dropped since his release from prison last winter, Wayne’s latest album, Tha Carter IV, is a collection of hits and misses. Cuts like the sinful ”She Will” and pensive ”Nightmares of the Bottom” are the studs among dull songs declaring wealth and swag (”MegaMan,” ”Blunt Blowin”). Unfortunately, C-4 doesn’t quite deliver the explosion it should have been capable of. B
MIXED TAPE Weezy's latest is a mishmash of sinfully sick hits and dull misses (FilmMagic.com)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lil Wayne; Music Label: Cash Money
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Zane Lowe shares a soundtrack of his life
- 'Jane The Virgin' postmortem: Who's the new villain?
- Stephen Colbert unveils rejected TED talks on 'The Late Show'
- Gabrielle Union channels Rihanna for 'Musical Morning Announcements' on Fallon
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival