There’s one good reason to see this biopic of the French pop-cabaret songster Serge Gainsbourg, and that’s its lead actor, Erik Elmosnino. He’s not just a dead ringer for Gainsbourg (which is to say, he looks like a deeply serious elf with a touch of Nosferatu), he nails his sexy, disheveled poetic machismo. But Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life is at once overly episodic and playfully arty, like a TV movie made by Fellini. B?
DROP-DEAD-GORGEOUS GLaetitia Casta (as Brigitte Bardot) and Eric Elmosnino (as Serge Gainsbourg) in Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Eric Elmosnino, Lucy Gordon; Director: Joann Sfar; Author: Joann Sfar; Runtime (in minutes): 122; Distributor: Music Box Films
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'