There’s one good reason to see this biopic of the French pop-cabaret songster Serge Gainsbourg, and that’s its lead actor, Erik Elmosnino. He’s not just a dead ringer for Gainsbourg (which is to say, he looks like a deeply serious elf with a touch of Nosferatu), he nails his sexy, disheveled poetic machismo. But Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life is at once overly episodic and playfully arty, like a TV movie made by Fellini. B?
DROP-DEAD-GORGEOUS GLaetitia Casta (as Brigitte Bardot) and Eric Elmosnino (as Serge Gainsbourg) in Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Eric Elmosnino, Lucy Gordon; Director: Joann Sfar; Author: Joann Sfar; Runtime (in minutes): 122; Distributor: Music Box Films
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt