There’s one good reason to see this biopic of the French pop-cabaret songster Serge Gainsbourg, and that’s its lead actor, Erik Elmosnino. He’s not just a dead ringer for Gainsbourg (which is to say, he looks like a deeply serious elf with a touch of Nosferatu), he nails his sexy, disheveled poetic machismo. But Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life is at once overly episodic and playfully arty, like a TV movie made by Fellini. B?
DROP-DEAD-GORGEOUS GLaetitia Casta (as Brigitte Bardot) and Eric Elmosnino (as Serge Gainsbourg) in Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Eric Elmosnino, Lucy Gordon; Director: Joann Sfar; Author: Joann Sfar; Runtime (in minutes): 122; Distributor: Music Box Films
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'