There’s one good reason to see this biopic of the French pop-cabaret songster Serge Gainsbourg, and that’s its lead actor, Erik Elmosnino. He’s not just a dead ringer for Gainsbourg (which is to say, he looks like a deeply serious elf with a touch of Nosferatu), he nails his sexy, disheveled poetic machismo. But Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life is at once overly episodic and playfully arty, like a TV movie made by Fellini. B?
DROP-DEAD-GORGEOUS GLaetitia Casta (as Brigitte Bardot) and Eric Elmosnino (as Serge Gainsbourg) in Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Eric Elmosnino, Lucy Gordon; Director: Joann Sfar; Author: Joann Sfar; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 122; Distributor: Music Box Films
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!