There’s one good reason to see this biopic of the French pop-cabaret songster Serge Gainsbourg, and that’s its lead actor, Erik Elmosnino. He’s not just a dead ringer for Gainsbourg (which is to say, he looks like a deeply serious elf with a touch of Nosferatu), he nails his sexy, disheveled poetic machismo. But Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life is at once overly episodic and playfully arty, like a TV movie made by Fellini. B?
DROP-DEAD-GORGEOUS GLaetitia Casta (as Brigitte Bardot) and Eric Elmosnino (as Serge Gainsbourg) in Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life
Genre: Drama, Biography; Starring: Eric Elmosnino, Lucy Gordon; Director: Joann Sfar; Author: Joann Sfar; Runtime (in minutes): 122; Distributor: Music Box Films
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!