You know that part in this pop-soul smoothie’s songs where the verse launches skyward into the chorus, DeGraw makes that I’m-pounding-these-piano-keys-so-hard! face, and a bajillion turtle doves explode from a rooftop somewhere? Well, there’s a half-dozen good ones on his fourth full-length Sweeter (check the title track). Too bad the other half’s weighed down by painfully mopey, girl-done-left-me blues. ”Everybody hurts,” DeGraw sighs. Dude, you’re telling us? B-
BITTER 'SWEETER'? DeGraw's fourth album is equal parts soaring anthems and boy-done-wrong blues.
Genre: Rock, Pop; Lead Performer: Gavin DeGraw; Music Label: RCA
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- See T-Pain sing the national anthem at a Dodgers game
- Sam Smith loves Hozier's cover of 'Lay Me Down'
- David Tennant helps remix Shakespeare with hip-hop in app
- Saoirse Ronan struggles with homesickness in the first clip from 'Brooklyn'
- Joe Biden to stop by as guest on 'Late Show'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!