You know that part in this pop-soul smoothie’s songs where the verse launches skyward into the chorus, DeGraw makes that I’m-pounding-these-piano-keys-so-hard! face, and a bajillion turtle doves explode from a rooftop somewhere? Well, there’s a half-dozen good ones on his fourth full-length Sweeter (check the title track). Too bad the other half’s weighed down by painfully mopey, girl-done-left-me blues. ”Everybody hurts,” DeGraw sighs. Dude, you’re telling us? B-
BITTER 'SWEETER'? DeGraw's fourth album is equal parts soaring anthems and boy-done-wrong blues.
Genre: Rock, Pop; Lead Performer: Gavin DeGraw; Music Label: RCA
Posted August 31 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hayley Atwell studied the Clintons for 'Conviction' role
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash