Whether you loved or loathed the fact that Boston Rob and Russell were brought back to play against each other for Survivor: Redemption Island, the pairing made sense. The two were heated rivals in Heroes vs Villains, and giving them an opportunity to do battle once again provided a built-in storyline that enabled viewers to immediately pick sides. Coach and Ozzy, on the other hand? Not so much. The two have never even played against each other, much less built up a rivalry. But while the pairing might feel a bit random, Jeff Probst tells us there is indeed a method to the madness. In this first installment of our sit-down chat just a few hours after the opening of Survivor: South Pacific (premiering Sept. 14 on CBS), Jeff explains why the two players were chosen, and offers a prediction as to which newbie could be the first person voted out. Not only that, but we have some nifty keen on-location footage from the game, including Probst getting a personalized paint-smearing from Ozzy. Check it out in the video player, and for more Survivor news and views all season long, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss.
(Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS)
Posted September 1 2011 — 11:14 AM EDT
- Bryan Cranston wants to play a ‘nasty’ Marvel villain
- Rashida Jones would totally duet with Adam Levine on 'The Voice'
- Jennifer Morrison talks 'Once Upon a Time' at New York Comic-Con
- Randy Quaid arrested at Canadian border by Vermont State Police
- 'Shadowhunters' gets official premiere date
- See Norman Reedus ride into 'Walking Dead' premiere on a motorcycle
- See Luke Skywalker crushed by an AT-AT in 'Star Wars Battlefront' game