Redemption Island is a scary place to be. One loss and your game is over. But for a challenge dominator like Ozzy Lusth, could going there be the best way to win the game? After all, there’s no better way to get in good with a jury then bonding over being blindsided and uniting against the common foe that voted you out. Is it worth the risk for Ozzy — who is rocking something of a Soundgarden-era Chris Cornell look these days — to be voted out on purpose in the hopes of winning over jury members and winning enough challenges to go back into the game right before the finals (and then collecting all those votes from your new friends)? That question was on the returning player’s mind when we spoke in Samoa the day before filming began on Survivor: South Pacific (premiering Sept. 14 on CBS). “It’s a scary way to play the game,” he acknowledged. But that doesn’t mean he won’t do it. Check out the video player below to see Ozzy’s thoughts behind this controversial strategy. And for more Survivor news and views all season long, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss.
(Image credit: Monty Brinton/CBS)
Posted September 7 2011 — 1:45 PM EDT
- Snoop Dogg calls for 'Roots' boycott in Instagram video
- Follow these stars while watching 'The Bachelorette'
- 'General Hospital': Kirsten Storms confirms break due to 'skin issues'
- Demi Lovato mourns great-grandmother's death in emotional tribute
- Adele calls out fan for filming her concert
- Drake holds steady for fourth week at No. 1 on Billboard 200
- 'Person of Interest' exclusive: Finch and Reese face old foe
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers