A bunch of zero-body-fat co-eds are chum for a shark-infested lake in this uninventive attempt at a B-movie screamer. If you’ve ever watched a big scary thing attack a scantily clad thing (the fundamental pleasure of schlock cinema), there won’t be any thrills left in the well-worn tricks that director David R. Ellis (Snakes on a Plane) pulls out here — especially since a PG-13 rating keeps things strictly TV-safe. Instead, Shark Night 3D is a ho-hum series of kills and lulls so predictable that it doesn’t even look like much fun for the sharks; when they open wide, they might as well be yawning. D
Christine Quinn drowning in Shark Night 3D (Steve Dietl)
Genre: PG-13, Horror, Thriller; Starring: Chris Carmack, Dustin Milligan, Sara Paxton; Director: David R. Ellis; Release Date Wide: 09/02/2011; Distributor: Relativity Media, Rogue Pictures
Posted September 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'AGT': Grace VanderWaal continues to shine with 'Light the Sky'
- Ed Sheeran and Snow Patrol make surprise wedding performance
- It's Black Panther vs. Black Widow in deleted scene from 'Civil War'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Arizona's getting a new love interest!
- Gabby Douglas reveals she had a cyst removed in her mouth
- Demi Lovato goes undercover as a Lyft driver to surprise fans
- 'The Office': Mindy Kaling imagines Michael Scott's take on Ryan Lochte