A bunch of zero-body-fat co-eds are chum for a shark-infested lake in this uninventive attempt at a B-movie screamer. If you’ve ever watched a big scary thing attack a scantily clad thing (the fundamental pleasure of schlock cinema), there won’t be any thrills left in the well-worn tricks that director David R. Ellis (Snakes on a Plane) pulls out here — especially since a PG-13 rating keeps things strictly TV-safe. Instead, Shark Night 3D is a ho-hum series of kills and lulls so predictable that it doesn’t even look like much fun for the sharks; when they open wide, they might as well be yawning. D
Christine Quinn drowning in Shark Night 3D (Steve Dietl)
Genre: PG-13, Horror, Thriller; Starring: Chris Carmack, Dustin Milligan, Sara Paxton; Director: David R. Ellis; Release Date Wide: 09/02/2011; Distributor: Relativity Media, Rogue Pictures
Posted September 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andy Grammer joins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Liam Hemsworth to guest star on ABC's 'The Muppets'
- The Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde criticized for victim-blaming comments
- Wes Craven's in-development TV projects will continue 'in his honor and spirit'
- What's new on Netflix for September
- Obama to trek into wilderness with Bear Grylls
- Hulk Hogan breaks silence on racist rant, asks for forgiveness
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!