A bunch of zero-body-fat co-eds are chum for a shark-infested lake in this uninventive attempt at a B-movie screamer. If you’ve ever watched a big scary thing attack a scantily clad thing (the fundamental pleasure of schlock cinema), there won’t be any thrills left in the well-worn tricks that director David R. Ellis (Snakes on a Plane) pulls out here — especially since a PG-13 rating keeps things strictly TV-safe. Instead, Shark Night 3D is a ho-hum series of kills and lulls so predictable that it doesn’t even look like much fun for the sharks; when they open wide, they might as well be yawning. D
Christine Quinn drowning in Shark Night 3D (Steve Dietl)
Genre: PG-13, Horror, Thriller; Starring: Chris Carmack, Dustin Milligan, Sara Paxton; Director: David R. Ellis; Release Date Wide: 09/02/2011; Distributor: Relativity Media, Rogue Pictures
Posted September 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!