A bunch of zero-body-fat co-eds are chum for a shark-infested lake in this uninventive attempt at a B-movie screamer. If you’ve ever watched a big scary thing attack a scantily clad thing (the fundamental pleasure of schlock cinema), there won’t be any thrills left in the well-worn tricks that director David R. Ellis (Snakes on a Plane) pulls out here — especially since a PG-13 rating keeps things strictly TV-safe. Instead, Shark Night 3D is a ho-hum series of kills and lulls so predictable that it doesn’t even look like much fun for the sharks; when they open wide, they might as well be yawning. D
Christine Quinn drowning in Shark Night 3D (Steve Dietl)
Genre: PG-13, Horror, Thriller; Starring: Chris Carmack, Dustin Milligan, Sara Paxton; Director: David R. Ellis; Release Date Wide: 09/02/2011; Distributor: Relativity Media, Rogue Pictures
Posted September 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch