A bunch of zero-body-fat co-eds are chum for a shark-infested lake in this uninventive attempt at a B-movie screamer. If you’ve ever watched a big scary thing attack a scantily clad thing (the fundamental pleasure of schlock cinema), there won’t be any thrills left in the well-worn tricks that director David R. Ellis (Snakes on a Plane) pulls out here — especially since a PG-13 rating keeps things strictly TV-safe. Instead, Shark Night 3D is a ho-hum series of kills and lulls so predictable that it doesn’t even look like much fun for the sharks; when they open wide, they might as well be yawning. D
Christine Quinn drowning in Shark Night 3D (Steve Dietl)
Genre: PG-13, Horror, Thriller; Starring: Chris Carmack, Dustin Milligan, Sara Paxton; Director: David R. Ellis; Release Date Wide: 09/02/2011; Distributor: Relativity Media, Rogue Pictures
Posted September 12 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!