Back when bootlegs carried the cachet of backwoods moonshine, collectors obsessed over the marvelous concerts on this DVD/three-CD set. Circa 1967, the jazz icon was still playing acoustic, and his final quintet would rejigger the standards and originals dramatically on a nightly basis. The set lists may have looked similar, but here’s proof they didn’t sound alike — and that they’ll still get you mighty high. A
PREMIX Davis displays his uncanny ability to reinterpret his songs with each play (Camera Press / Marc Sharratt)
Music Label: Columbia/Legacy
Posted September 14 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton