For anyone who wore a ”rebel grrrl” button in the ’90s (and that includes plenty of guys), it’s an indie-rock dream come true: Sleater-Kinney’s Carrie Brownstein and Janet Weiss, Helium’s Mary Timony, and the Minders’ Rebecca Cole, all in the same band. From the dual-guitar seesaw of ”Romance” to the punk-rock huh-uh of ”Endless Talk,” Wild Flag is rock’s first great all-female supergroup album. And it’s about time. A-
GRRRL POWER Members of Sleater-Kinney, Helium, and the Minders bring together the first female-driven rock supergroup
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Wild Flag; Music Label: Merge
Posted September 14 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The first two episodes of Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle' will stream on EW this Friday
- Miguel: How Prince, sex and late-nights in L.A. inspired his killer new album
- Britney Spears recreates 'Oops' cover with kids
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!