For anyone who wore a ”rebel grrrl” button in the ’90s (and that includes plenty of guys), it’s an indie-rock dream come true: Sleater-Kinney’s Carrie Brownstein and Janet Weiss, Helium’s Mary Timony, and the Minders’ Rebecca Cole, all in the same band. From the dual-guitar seesaw of ”Romance” to the punk-rock huh-uh of ”Endless Talk,” Wild Flag is rock’s first great all-female supergroup album. And it’s about time. A-
GRRRL POWER Members of Sleater-Kinney, Helium, and the Minders bring together the first female-driven rock supergroup
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Wild Flag; Music Label: Merge
Posted September 14 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!