For anyone who wore a ”rebel grrrl” button in the ’90s (and that includes plenty of guys), it’s an indie-rock dream come true: Sleater-Kinney’s Carrie Brownstein and Janet Weiss, Helium’s Mary Timony, and the Minders’ Rebecca Cole, all in the same band. From the dual-guitar seesaw of ”Romance” to the punk-rock huh-uh of ”Endless Talk,” Wild Flag is rock’s first great all-female supergroup album. And it’s about time. A-
GRRRL POWER Members of Sleater-Kinney, Helium, and the Minders bring together the first female-driven rock supergroup
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Wild Flag; Music Label: Merge
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Game of Thrones,' 'SHIELD,' 'Arrow' and more
- Gone Girl writer Gillian Flynn to collaborate with Steve McQueen on heist thriller
- 'Sherlock' season 4 details: 'Frightening, tough, emotional upheaval'
- 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone' illustrated edition cover art revealed
- 'Castle' sneak peek: Did Beckett and Castle just dig their own graves?
- Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst reminds everyone he is not Robert Durst
- Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool...on a bearskin rug: 'With great power, comes great irresponsibility'
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!