Instantly recognizable character actress Frances Bay, known for playing the grandmother of Adam Sandler’s angry golfer in Happy Gilmore and having a loaf of marble rye stolen from her in an episode of Seinfeld, died Thursday in Los Angeles at age 92, reports the Los Angeles Times. Bay often portrayed kindly old women, but she also turned in some memorably unkindly performances in films like David Lynch’s Wild at Heart and John Carpenter’s In the Mouth of Madness. Most recently, she played Aunt Ginny on the ABC sitcom The Middle.
Posted September 17 2011 — 4:47 PM EDT
- 'Pitch' star Kylie Bunbury makes plea for season 2
- 'Pitch' boss on Fox baseball drama's struggle and future
- Meghan Trainor cancels tour stops for vocal rest
- President Obama to appear on 'The Daily Show'
- Actor Judge Reinhold arrested in Texas on disorderly conduct charge
- Andy Grammer's emotional 'Fresh Eyes' video focuses on homelessness
- Box office: 'Office Christmas Party,' 'Miss Sloane' enter crowded slate
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes