When Dateline NBC returns for its 20th season this Friday, it will have a new lead anchor: Lester Holt, previously a Dateline correspondent. As NBC announced today in a press release, Holt – an NBC News fixture who also anchors the weekend editions of NBC Nightly News and Today – replaces Ann Curry, who has already taken over for Meredith Vieira as co-host of Today. The news of Holt’s promotion comes at an evolving moment for NBC News, which recently announced the creation of an original newsmagazine, Rock Center with Brian Williams. Dateline has continued to garner solid ratings on Friday, a night when “solid ratings” earn instant grade inflation to “spectacular.”
Posted September 19 2011 — 2:15 PM EDT
- 'Preacher': See new photos and teaser for AMC's comic book adaptation
- Will Ferrell 'not pursuing' role in Ronald Reagan Alzheimer's film
- 'Game of Thrones': Sam and Gilly 'setting out on their own path'
- Justin Timberlake gets in on the 'it's gonna be May' meme
- 'Elementary' finale sneak peek: What is Sherlock willing to sacrifice?
- Allison Janney returns to the White House for surprise briefing
- Ryan Reynolds pens tribute to young 'Deadpool' fan who died of cancer
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch