Throughout her 15-year career, the country prodigy-turned?tabloid fixture has never shied away from covering the classics — whether they be Patsy Cline or (gulp) ”Purple Rain.” Here she sticks to songs originally sung by men, including John Anderson’s ”Swingin’?” and ”When I Call Your Name” by Vince Gill, who co-produced. The result is predictably solid, though it rarely sheds new light on the top-shelf material. Did you know ”He Stopped Loving Her Today” is really very sad?!? B
GIRL WHO LIKES BOYS Rimes covers the songs of country's most celebrated men from Merle Haggard to George Jones
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: LeAnn Rimes; Music Label: Curb
Posted September 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!