Throughout her 15-year career, the country prodigy-turned?tabloid fixture has never shied away from covering the classics — whether they be Patsy Cline or (gulp) ”Purple Rain.” Here she sticks to songs originally sung by men, including John Anderson’s ”Swingin’?” and ”When I Call Your Name” by Vince Gill, who co-produced. The result is predictably solid, though it rarely sheds new light on the top-shelf material. Did you know ”He Stopped Loving Her Today” is really very sad?!? B
GIRL WHO LIKES BOYS Rimes covers the songs of country's most celebrated men from Merle Haggard to George Jones
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: LeAnn Rimes; Music Label: Curb
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!