Throughout her 15-year career, the country prodigy-turned?tabloid fixture has never shied away from covering the classics — whether they be Patsy Cline or (gulp) ”Purple Rain.” Here she sticks to songs originally sung by men, including John Anderson’s ”Swingin’?” and ”When I Call Your Name” by Vince Gill, who co-produced. The result is predictably solid, though it rarely sheds new light on the top-shelf material. Did you know ”He Stopped Loving Her Today” is really very sad?!? B
GIRL WHO LIKES BOYS Rimes covers the songs of country's most celebrated men from Merle Haggard to George Jones
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: LeAnn Rimes; Music Label: Curb
Posted September 22 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Behind the scenes of Ellie Goulding's empowering third album
- 'AHS' star shines in exclusive 'My All American' trailer
- Spoilers: Alex Kingston returns to 'Doctor Who'
- Jeff Probst debates the use of challenge advantages on 'Survivor'
- 'DWTS': And the fall 2015 celebrities are ...
- Joanna Newsom reveals new record is 'different from anything I did in the past
- Kevin Gates charged with battery after kicking female fan
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!