It’s one thing to meet that actor who was once in that one movie you liked, but it’s another to meet the folks that taught you how to count. Elmo and Cookie Monster made the trip from Sesame Street to the EW offices to tell us about their new season (which starts next Monday), and we couldn’t have been more excited had it been Johnny Depp sword-fighting with a time-traveling Theodore Roosevelt. In honor of their upcoming slate of guest stars, the two of them took us through their interpretations of some of TV’s biggest shows – including The Big Bang Theory, CSI: Miami, and The Office (which, coincidentally, name-checked Sesame Street in its premiere last night) – and we have to say, Cookie Monster would actually make a pretty good replacement for Michael Scott. Check out the video below and watch as your adult and childhood television viewing habits collide. (By the way, I’m the Muppet in the middle.)
Posted September 23 2011 — 9:00 AM EDT
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit
- 'McFarland, USA' and the neutering of sports movies
- Leonard Nimoy: 9 'I Am Not Spock' TV roles
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?