It’s one thing to meet that actor who was once in that one movie you liked, but it’s another to meet the folks that taught you how to count. Elmo and Cookie Monster made the trip from Sesame Street to the EW offices to tell us about their new season (which starts next Monday), and we couldn’t have been more excited had it been Johnny Depp sword-fighting with a time-traveling Theodore Roosevelt. In honor of their upcoming slate of guest stars, the two of them took us through their interpretations of some of TV’s biggest shows – including The Big Bang Theory, CSI: Miami, and The Office (which, coincidentally, name-checked Sesame Street in its premiere last night) – and we have to say, Cookie Monster would actually make a pretty good replacement for Michael Scott. Check out the video below and watch as your adult and childhood television viewing habits collide. (By the way, I’m the Muppet in the middle.)
Posted September 23 2011 — 9:00 AM EDT
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary
- Lifetime greenlights flick about Charles Manson gals
- 'Graceland' first look: Watch Johnny help Sid escape
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!