Annabel (Mia Wasikowska) is terminally ill but healthy-looking, a young woman with vivacious spirit and a cute fashion sense. Enoch (Henry Hopper) is a morbid, orphaned chap with a WWII-era Japanese kamikaze pilot for an invisible friend. Naturally the crazy, pretty, doomed kids fall in love in Restless — this wearying, cottony drama, directed by Gus Van Sant with his usual overdeveloped interest in the beautiful young. Annabel and Enoch learn from each other, even as time ticks away and the end draws near. Weeping is invited, but by no means required. C
LOVE IS DEATHLESS Henry Hopper and Mia Wasikowska in Restless (Scott Green)
Starring: Henry Hopper, Mia Wasikowska; Director: Gus Van Sant; Release Date Wide: 09/16/2011; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted September 23 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Football stars cheer 'Eddie the Eagle' in film’s Super Bowl spot
- T.J. Miller reveals some of the lines too dirty for 'Deadpool'
- Nicholas Sparks: 'No one wanted to play Noah' in 'The Notebook'
- Emma Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch named visiting fellows at Oxford
- Salma Hayek visits ER in ‘inappropriate’ shirt after on-set injury
- 'The Witch' is 'a Puritan's nightmare' in new featurette
- War is coming in the 'Gods of Egypt' Super Bowl TV spot