Usually alcohol brings on a hangover, but at one Utah theater, it was the other way around. Salt Lake City’s Brewvies theater was fined $1,600 for serving the hard stuff during a screening of The Hangover Part II, reports the Associated Press. But it wasn’t the alcohol alone that got the theater into hot water, it was the explicit nudity portrayed on screen. Utah’s liquor board determined that the theater would be subject to the same rules as a strip club – meaning, it couldn’t serve alcohol during any fully nude dancing – since the film featured scenes of female, male, and transvestite nudity, as well as a monkey simulating a sex act. If Brewvies violates state law again, the theater could be subject to a $25,000 fine and a 10-day liquor license suspension.
Posted September 30 2011 — 2:58 PM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday