EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Posted September 30 2011 — 10:51 AM EDT
- See the new trailer for USA's female drug kingpin saga 'Queen of the South'
- Drake Bell previews 'Drake & Josh' reunion on 'Grandfathered'
- The Oscars thank-you scroll: Will it liven up the show?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' exclusive: Spencer & Aria investigate Sara Harvey
- 'Frozen' animator Lino DiSalvo to direct Playmobil movie
- Hear Beyoncé's hot sauce-themed playlist
- Elena Ferrante's 'Neapolitan' series being adapted into TV show