EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Posted September 30 2011 — 10:51 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop