EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Posted September 30 2011 — 10:51 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!