EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Posted September 30 2011 — 10:51 AM EDT
- The 'Sherlock' Christmas special trailer is here!
- 'Old Yeller' actor Kevin Corcoran dies at 66
- Lance Bass says someone 'inappropriately' touched him during early *NSYNC days
- Tom Petty addresses past heroin addiction in new biography
- 'Chicago Med' adds 'Alias' alum
- Introducing Spot, EW's new commenting platform
- Woody Allen is going digital for his next film