EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Posted September 30 2011 — 10:51 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!