EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Posted September 30 2011 — 10:51 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!