EW has confirmed that Steve Carell has signed on to star in Foxcatcher, Bennett Miller’s follow-up to Moneyball about paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont, the heir to the du Pont dynasty who was convicted of murdering Olympic wrestler David Schultz. The story of du Pont, who died in prison last year, is shrouded in intrigue as police never discovered a motive for the attack. Miller’s friend and frequent contributor Dan Futterman (Capote) will pen the script with E. Max Frye (Band of Brothers, Amos & Andrew). Production on the film is set to begin in March. Variety initially reported the casting news.
Posted September 30 2011 — 10:51 AM EDT
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'