Bob Dylan and Williams’ own son spearhead The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams, setting to ?music lyrics that the country forefather left behind after his death at age 29. Fans like Jack White, Levon Helm, and Vince Gill provide original melodies, some too wan for the strength of the lyrics, which range from the deeply romantic to the ? corrosively aggressive. But Dylan’s ”The Love That Faded” is gorgeous. B+
THE 'NOTEBOOKS' Bob Dylan, Jack White, Levon Helm, and Hank Williams Jr. chip in for this lyrically driven tribute (Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Play as Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight' additional content
- 'Finding Neverland: The Album' to feature Nick Jonas, Jennifer Lopez, and more -- exclusive
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls'
- Domhnall Gleeson teaches us how to pronounce 'Domhnall Gleeson'
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' to film at Pinewood Studios
- 'Blurred Lines' may get another trial
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!