Bob Dylan and Williams’ own son spearhead The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams, setting to ?music lyrics that the country forefather left behind after his death at age 29. Fans like Jack White, Levon Helm, and Vince Gill provide original melodies, some too wan for the strength of the lyrics, which range from the deeply romantic to the ? corrosively aggressive. But Dylan’s ”The Love That Faded” is gorgeous. B+
THE 'NOTEBOOKS' Bob Dylan, Jack White, Levon Helm, and Hank Williams Jr. chip in for this lyrically driven tribute (Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images)
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted October 4 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Clarkson performs 'It's Quiet Uptown' on 'TODAY'
- Best of 2016: How 'Deadpool' became a record-breaking viral sensation
- 'Fast 8' trailer gets release date
- James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams have a 'Dawson's Creek' reunion
- Jimmy Kimmel to host 2017 Oscars ceremony
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday