There’s a contemplative loveliness to The Way, an affecting personal project both for Emilio Estevez, who wrote, directed, and plays a small role, and for his father, Martin Sheen. Sheen plays a self-absorbed eye doctor who begins to see the world with new eyes as he makes a pilgrimage along the historical Camino de Santiago — the Way of Saint James — across the Pyrenees. As he meets other pilgrims, this humbled doc discovers what it means to be engaged in one’s own life. B+
HISTORICAL PILGRIMAGE Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez in The Way
Starring: Emilio Estevez, Martin Sheen; Director: Emilio Estevez; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted October 7 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Thrones' actor on new show: 'We don't need dragons. We got cocaine!'
- David Spade: 'Fameless' isn't mean-spirited — the contestants are too 'thirsty'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp': On the set of the prequel
- Azealia Banks: Australian crowds are 'violent' and 'terrible'
- Exclusive clip from TV satire 'Shooting the Warwicks' is unreal
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!